Violin is offered to children in the form of after school classes, held on site. Children from the age of five are able to enrol.
Beginners (From the age of 5 years on)
- Students need to be accompanied at each lesson by the caregiver, who also has the time to regularly supervise practices at home.
- Expenses – to be advised by the tutor. Violins can be hired from the school.
- Students need to be accompanied at each lesson by a caregiver, who can regularly supervise practices at home.
- For correct posture and ease of playing it is essential that students have a suitable shoulder rest. Advice on the correct type of rest will be discussed at the lesson.
- Expenses – to be advised by the tutor.
Instruments are issued to learners as a first priority. As pupils develop proficiency, they are expected to purchase their own violin.
Parents are responsible for repairs occasioned by normal usage e.g. replacement of strings.
Damage occasioned by misuse is the responsibility of the parent.